Monday, June 25, 2007

International Go Surfing Day

McKevlin's hosted International Go Surfing Day at the Washout on the 22 of June. I got down there early sat on the Rocks for a while. Usually a great view, but the renourishment project was going on again & we all know how that goes. I put up the charlestoncrystalball.com banner above the McKevlin's banner, you can never get enough exposure these days.

Finally we got to go surfing. We all just grabbed a board and ran into the ocean. It was as if a bunch of folks who kinda know each other got together for a Surf Session. The whole time out, I was eyeing the 6'4 Allison fish. She was a pretty board, but in the arms of some other guy for at least an hour. When I did get to take her out it was nice, but not as nice as I thought it would be. "I keep telling myself that so I don't go out and buy her!"

In the end it was a big sucess. Everyone who participated had a blast.

PS Even Stephan Colbert supported International Go Surfing Day

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/index.jhtml

No comments: